The University of Texas at Austin on iTunes U is a collection of audio, video and educational course materials from schools, departments, libraries and other programs across the university. This content is available free of charge through Apple's iTunes software and on mobile IOS devices. If you plan to use a great deal of media, iTunes U could be a place to store those files.
- iTunes U is a collection of free resources from colleges and universities across the U.S. and around the world.
- If your content in iTunes U is made public and listed in the UTexas domain, then you will have unlimited storage. There is a file size limit for each individual file of 2GB.
- iTunes U is only accessible through an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod) or from a desktop or laptop computer running MacOS or Windows.
- iTunes U is only a content repository, it tracks basic viewing statistics but will neither track views of individual students nor provide opportunities for assessment like Canvas.
- Content posted in iTunes U under the UTexas domain is public. All files posted are available to anyone using iTunes U including users outside of UT unless you use the iTunesU Course Manager.