CIS Important Dates and Deadlines
SUMMER 2016 semester
June 20: CIS Request System opens for ALL summer sessions
ATTENTION INSTRUCTORS: EACH DEPARTMENT HAS A STAFF PERSON (I.E. DEPT. CIS CONTACT) WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MANAGING CIS REQUESTS ON BEHALF OF INSTRUCTORS. PLEASE INQUIRE WITHIN YOUR DEPARTMENT FOR YOUR CONTACT'S NAME.
In order to access the CIS Administrative Site/CIS Request System, the staff person who is responsible for managing CIS on behalf of his/her department (i.e.CIS Contact) must communicate his/her status as a CIS Contact to the CIS Office and complete the required CIS Department Contact Training class. Registration for this class occurs via UTLearn.
Specific instructions for managing summer CIS requests, etc. are emailed by the CIS Office to current CIS Contacts at the end of Spring semester and throughout the summer.
Beginning June 20, authorized CIS Contacts may enter requests for ALL summer sessions, but MUST enter a particular session's requests by the associated deadline (see below).
June 24: First (F) summer session CIS Request deadline
- F session CIS Administration Period: June 30-July 7
July 13: Nine-Week (N) summer session CIS Request deadline
- N session CIS Administration Period: July 19-26
July 29: Second (S) & Whole (W) summer sessions CIS Request deadline
- S/W sessions CIS Administration Period: August 5-12
August 18: Summer/Maymester paper CIS Return deadline
- paper CIS must be returned in person to the Scanning Office or CIS Dropbox (both located in the GSB 2.100 Corridor). The Scanning Office (and CIS Office) does not accept returned paper CIS via mail services (campus or otherwise).
- Authorized CIS Contacts are responsible for ensuring packets are returned by this deadline and may utilize the Packet Tracker tool in the CIS Administrative site to see which packets have been returned thus far.
August 25: PROVISIONAL paper and electronic CIS Results (except Law School results) post to MyCIS site
September 16: Official paper and electronic CIS Results (except Law School results) post to MyCIS and *CIS Results Site.
*CIS Results must meet the following criteria to post to the CIS Results Site:
- at least five responses
- at least 20% response rate
- be configured such that the data is officially "recognized" by the Institutional Reporting, Research, & Information System (IRRIS)
- Basic (B) or Expanded (E) series form was utilized; results for TA forms do not post to the CIS Results site.