Redesigning the Undergraduate Experience
A growing number of leading universities are rethinking the delivery and design of undergraduate education. At the University of Texas at Austin, a new strategic initiative called Project 2021 is hosting a symposium to highlight the innovative work being done here and at other R1 universities on transforming undergraduate education to meet the needs of a digital, mobile, and continually evolving workplace. The symposium will showcase new approaches to redesigning undergraduate education.
The organizing themes are intended to connect high-level concepts and developments with institutional decisions and instructional practice:
- Leveraging technology: How to engage faculty in adopting digital teaching tools and delivery platforms that can educate at scale and provide flexibility without sacrificing quality.
- Using evidence-based assessments and analytics: Collecting and analyzing data to guide change.
- Redesigning Curricula and Scaling Innovation: Methods for redesigning students’ degree pathways, incorporating experiential learning, and changing the infrastructure of the 21st century public research university.
Program Schedule Overview
8:00 Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 Welcome and Framing the Day
9:00 Keynote: Changing Higher Education
- Leveraging technology: Who gets to learn?
- Assessment and analytics: Using technology to give students feedback
- Redesigning and scaling: Design thinking and the entrepreneurial mindset
- Redesigning and scaling: Curriculum redesign: Re-evaluating the heirlooms
1:00 Plenary: Redesigning Curricula
- Leveraging technology: Remote proctoring
- Assessment and analytics: Measuring success of a class and a curriculum
- Redesigning and scaling: Bending the infrastructure: Driving educational innovation in a traditional educational environment
- Leveraging technology: Large online classes: Many flavors
- Assessment and analytics: Rethinking course instructor surveys
- Assessment and analytics: Using big data
- Redesigning and scaling: Moving beyond grades: New currencies to recognize and validate learning
5:00 Takeaways and Reception
Faculty Innovation Center
Join Us on Twitter
Participate via Poll Everywhere
Throughout the day, we will collect anonymous feedback. Go to www.pollev.com/fic2017 to participate.
March 30th, 2017 [Thursday]
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
San Jacinto Residence Hall Rm 207
How to get to the San Jacinto RH Conference Center from:
Brazos Gargage [BRG] is the closest parking garage to the event. Learn More