The UT Austin Administration, Provost’s Teaching Fellows, and Faculty Innovation Center are proud to present the 41st annual New Faculty Symposium, taking place August 17-18, 2021. The purpose of the symposium is to share the university’s integrated approach to research, teaching, and service shaped by our culture of innovation and excellence. We cannot wait to welcome all new faculty into our community of teacher-scholars and the greater Longhorn family!
In order to support our newest colleagues as fully as possible, we have developed a hybrid program that will include a series of self-paced and synchronous activities for new faculty throughout the month of August, culminating in the Symposium proper on August 17-18. We will share final details closer to the event, but participants will be able to participate in the Symposium Day activies either virtually or in-person on campus. Some of these activities will include:
- An interactive, self-paced Canvas course full of information, activities, and opportunities for interaction with fellow new faculty--all while familiarizing yourself with UT's most common platforms for teaching and learning.
- A series of small-group in-person opportunities to learn more about some of our "campus" gems and get to know a few of your peers, which will be available in the weeks before and after the Symposium.
- New Faculty Welcome Packages mailed to your doorstep to warmly welcome you to the 40 Acres (as available).
- Interactive Symposium sessions on August 17-18 by Zoom or through in-person groups to give you the opportunity to meet some of our campus leaders and administrators, and learn more about life at UT Austin.
- An in-person President's Reception on August 17 in the Tower, and a Closing Reception and Resource Fair on August 18.
If you would like access to some or all of these resources and events, or for more information or questions about the Symposium, contact Sarah Schoonhoven.
Below you can view a collection of videos created for the 2020 event.